Oct 9, 2008

disneylandia

I've been dreaming about taking Max to Disneyland since the day I found out he was growing inside of me. I visited the magic kingdom every year during my childhood, and it filled me with uncontainable excitement . For me, it truly was the happiest place on earth.

For Max...not so much. He cried about a gallon of tears. He was terrified of all of the characters and most of the rides. He tugged on us the whole day and said things like "how about a go home now...", "mommy, turn the light on!!" (during dark rides), "Max a scared, mommy."


Ian loved it and didn't stop pointing, yelling, and dancing the whole day. Watching him go crazy in the Tiki room made the whole trip worthwhile.
Hopefully his enthusiasm will rub off on the firstborn.

We had a fantastic time catching up with friends, cousins, and watching general conference with Nona. Ian watched it a little too close. He LOVES TV. Max is in love with Nona (his great grandma), and hasn't stopped talking about her since we got home. His new favorite phrase (blurted out at random throughout the day): "How about go a Nona's house?" I respond with: "We'll go to Nona's house another day." "Uh, how about go a Nona's house another day, mommy?", he continues...and then changes the subject to the whereabouts of the garbage truck.

4 comments:

Alicia Leppert said...

I remember in middle school always talking about how magical Disneyland was and you saying, "It's just like going to the grocery store for me, I've done it so much." Glad to see the magic is back for you.

And don't worry about Ian and the TV, I read on MSN.com that that whole thing about watching too close will hurt your eyes is a MYTH.

ecuakim said...

Great pictures! Love Disneyland. A lot. I hope we can go someday (when I think Clark can handle it reasonably!)

Jessica said...

I love when you quote Max. It almost makes me pee with laughter.

blindblogger said...

ALicia that's hillarious about what mary Ann used to say. I can totally picture that. I still haven't been, not to one.