Oct 21, 2008

zoologico


Yesterday we took a trip to the zoo to see if Max is still scared of goats. We can safely upgrade his condition from scared to terrified. Perhaps petrified...maybe immobilized? A friendly zookeeper tried to help him pet a sleeping goat and he lost it. Worse than Disneyland. Worse than he ever has. We might be taking him to therapy for post-traumatic stress.

We treated the tears with some splashing in the water park. Both boys had a blast. Ian has no fear. Max has (more than?) a healthy amount.
When Max woke up this morning he rubbed his eyes and said "mommy...(yawn) max a scared a goats." Poor boy probably had nightmares.

7 comments:

Chelsea said...

Did you take them to the zoo alone? Brave woman!

That is hilarious about Max and goats.

[M] said...

My friend from the ward had free passes so I went with her. But I take them places like that alone all the time. It's hard but better than staying home all the time.

Alicia Leppert said...

Don't take him to see George Clooney's new movie. (Men Who Stare At Goats)

Brynn said...

That post cracked me up! Max is such a cutie! So is Ian! I miss them! (and you guys too, or course)

Jessica said...

Love the picture collage! Poor (and funny) Max!!

Anonymous said...

Max makes me laugh every post.

jlthomas said...

Your boys are so cute! I love their names too! Hope you don't mind me checking out your blog! Feel free to drop in on ours anytime www.thomastribune.blogspot.com
-Laurie