Oct 12, 2008

weekend pics

It went from summer to winter overnight. Our house got down to 74 degrees last night and I almost froze to death. I woke up shivering. It's amazing that we go from sweating through the night in an 80+ degree house to breaking out the down comforter in one day. It almost feels scandalous, like someone robbed us of our warm weather.

While most people are raking fall leaves, we are power raking (pulverizing?) our grass so that we can plant winter grass. One of the things I love about Arizona is being able to look at green grass year round. Although ours isn't always that green (I've vetoed J-P's attempts to fertilize...if they use it to make bombs, it's probably not healthy for my grass-eating lads).
Max decided he wanted to help rake the grass. He kept saying things like "Max a rake a grass, daddy...there, all nice and clean daddy...Max a rake a grass, just like daddy." Ian got his first taste of dirt. He didn't like it.

2 comments:

Aaron & Sara Warren said...

The exreme shift in weather is bizarre here too. I had the heater on here this morning and the A/C come afternoon.

blindblogger said...

m-a not to give you advice, but ease up on the fertilizer thing. They're not going to die, trust me.