Oct 31, 2008

trunk-or-treat

Coming up with a costume for Max was difficult because he is scared of, well, everything. These are the rules I made for his costume: 1. something happy (not scary) 2. something he could recognize or relate to, and 3. something homemade. I drew inspiration from his all-time favorite book series. Only a couple people at our church trunk-or-treat were able to figure it out.
I thought about making Ian's costume, but I knew the sweat shops in China could do a much better, more cost effective job. The $15 I paid at Old Navy wouldn't have even covered the supplies. Can you tell who they are supposed to be?
At the last minute I was feeling guilty for not dressing up. About 15 minutes before we left I fashioned myself a halloween shirt by cutting out a crow and ironing it on a black t-shirt. Next year I'll dress up. Maybe.
Happy Halloween!

p.s. now that my little family is old enough to celebrate halloween i have been racking my brain trying to come up with some fun halloween traditions. i'm stumped. what are some fun things your family does for halloween?

8 comments:

Chelsea said...

What a cute idea! I can't believe people didn't know what they were. Have they never read Curious George?

Max's costume is awesome!

Natasha said...

M-A you put me to shame. Of course I knew who Max was. I've read about the man in the yellow hat too many times to count. Cute combo. Love your shirt too.

Jessica said...

I knew who Max was even before I saw the monkey. So cute!!!

We had no traditions on Halloween, except for going to way too few houses (only people my mom knew VERY well) and then having her throw away any treats that were possibly drugged, poisoned, or stuffed with razor blades. I guess you could say our Halloween tradition was paranoia.

Anonymous said...

I love it! in instantly knew he was the man in the yellow hat. I love the mondkey too.

blindblogger said...

Those costumes are amazing. I can't believe you made Max's. Amazing. Stick with the crow shirt, it's so stylin. I'd buy one from you.

Unknown said...

Please tell me who was unable to figure out these costumes! They must not have children. Great job, M-A! So cute.

Alicia Leppert said...

Curious George...love it.

jlthomas said...

So cute! I made a man in the yellow hat costume a couple of years ago, only Jacob was the man in the yellow hat and Natalie was an Old Navy costume Curious George too! Great minds think alike :)