Oct 15, 2008

messes by max

Max's morning schedule:

8:00 a.m.
-making floor art with barley (while mom feeds the baby).

8:05
a.m.- drawing all over the walls with a ball point pen (while mom sweeps up the barley).

8:10
a.m.- dumping out tortilla chips and dancing on them until they are sufficiently crumbled (while mom changes the baby's diaper).

8:15
a.m.- getting strapped in the car by a frustrated mom to go to the store (because if he manages to make a mess at the store they have to clean it up, not me)
.

The afternoon went better. Max played in his sandbox while the baby napped and mom watered the garden. Unfortunately Ian is down to one nap a day, and it does not overlap with Max's nap. This gives me no time to plan my black and white halloween party, make costumes, or mail halloween cards to Max's four grandmas. I have made it a tradition to mail cards with photos to the grandmas (who all live far away) every holiday. I usually buy them (from the dollar bin at Target), but decided to make them this time around. More evidence of my black and white obsession, I suppose.

3 comments:

blindblogger said...

The card is inspirational.

Shells said...

Man that little boy keeps you busy. At least you have a record of it so that when he is older, you can show him how much work he made you do. That could come in handy.

Alicia Leppert said...

That card is awesome!