Apr 2, 2008

baby carriers and cheap sunglasses

I am a very competitive hiker. I have to be the first one to the top. J-P never beats me, even if he tries. I haven't been hiking lately. Mainly because I've been pregnant for the last two years. Also because it is H-O-T, hot in Phoenix. Right now is the perfect time to go. The weather is great and I'm not pregnant. I know you were wondering. Just one problem: two heavy children. We have a hiking backpack to put Max in (thank you REI dividend), but Ian is just too heavy for the bjorn. To solve this problem I splurged and bought the ergo carrier, which I love. The purchase, however, did not solve my problem. Ian HATES it. He views it as a form of torture and cries his little eyes out, thus spoiling my hiking plans. Yesterday we had a little chat, Ian and I. I explained that hiking is fun, but not when one is screaming. I put him in the carrier and walked up and down the street in front of our house until he stopped crying and fell asleep. I will repeat this drill everyday until he is tear-free in the ergo. Then we will all go hiking.


p.s. Please ignore the hideous sunglasses...at the rate I go through sunglasses I have to purchase whatever $5 pair they are selling at Forever 21. It was either this pair or a nicole richiesque white pair that covered my entire face. I opted for the scary 70's look.

4 comments:

Chelsea said...

M-A, that pic of you in your new sunglasses is my new favorite pic. Keep 'em coming. Ian is so chubby and so cute.

Alicia Leppert said...

That comment about us wondering if you were pregnant was classic. My favorite line from a blog in a long time.
I would have loved to see you in the Nicole Richie sunglasses.

Anna said...

I hope that the ergo carries works out. Braden loves it and typically falls asleep in it within minutes. Where did you get the gray cover on it, when Braden is awake, he chews the straps until half of it is dripping from saliva. That might help keep the carrier looking nice.

[M] said...

they are called sucking straps...ergo makes them