Apr 4, 2008

future food critic?

Max has a very sophisticated palate. He loves garlic, green and kalamata olives, avocados, onions, capers, basil, polenta, spicy hummus, and so forth. This week we wandered into one of the new Fresh and Easy grocery stores to see if they had anything Max might fancy. We picked up a jar of puttanesca sauce to have on (rice) pasta for lunch. I thought it would be a hit.

Normally I love a good puttanesca. This jar, however, had WAY too many anchovies. I tried my best to hide the disgust on my face so as not to discourage Max from eating it. I looked over and expected him to spit out his first bite. Instead, it was love at first bite. He ate like a ravenous bird eats worms after a rain storm. After he finished his bowl (and licked the sauce off the bottom), I handed him mine...glad not to waste it. He then politely polished off every piece of pasta that had fallen on the floor before urgently asking for MORE!

1 comment:

Alicia Leppert said...

Wow. It's so true what they say: kids eat what their parents eat. I've never even heard of most of the food you talk about on your blog, much less a little kid eating them! He will totally be a food conisseur (sp) when he grows up!