Apr 7, 2008

milestones and statistics


I took Ian to his four month appointment a couple weeks ago. He weighed in at 16 lbs 1 oz (a whole 4 lbs lighter than Max was at this age), and measured 25 3/4 inches. I figured that I should record it here, as I still haven't gotten around to buying him a baby book. I can't imagine how much of a slacker I'll be next time around.


Ian is the best little brother ever. It doesn't matter how many times Max whacks at him, bites him, or throws toys at him--Ian still adores him. As for Max's milestones, the books say that by 21 months he should be able to stack at least four cubes. I walked into the kitchen yesterday and saw this.


He can stack six cans. Does that count?

3 comments:

Alicia Leppert said...

Oh my gosh!! I don't know what's more impressive, the six can stack or the fact that you have that much food storage! Seriously, though, how on earth did he reach up there?!

~Sarah said...

I think he's reaching his milestone markers, but what do I know? My Pediatric exam doesn't reflect that I know much about milestones in a case scenario, but I can rattle off the milestones in a timeline order for gross motor, fine motor, receptive language, expressive language, and personal-social, and misc cognitive skills. The six cans is very impressive with my little understanding!

Brynn said...

That top picture of Ian is the cutest thing ever! I love it! And yes, very impressive with the stacking and the food storage! I can't believe how big Max is getting!