Apr 29, 2008

Sunday at Nona's

I've decided to take pictures of Max and Ian every Sunday. They are both growing way too fast and I don't want to miss anything. Sunday pictures will safeguard my memory.
We had a very enjoyable time in California. Max loved ransacking Nona's house. He did not, however, love her cat (or her turtles). He shed many tears and spent most of the weekend yelling "cat! cat! cat!" with panic in his eyes. Luckily the cat was equally as frightened and spent all her time hiding under a bed.
Max's new verbal abilities are aiding his already strong independence. Sunday he INSISTED on wearing this tie to church with this shirt. I was so happy that he was willing to wear clothes that it was no sweat off my back. At least the colors kind of go together. Lately he is not a fan of clothes or diapers. Yesterday I walked in to get him after his nap and he was naked, standing in a puddle in his crib. When he saw the look on my face, he held up his diaper and innocently asked, "what's that?"
Also worth mentioning: Sunday J-P cried for the second time since we've been married. The reason this is worth mentioning is because it was during a MOVIE (and it was not just a tear, but full-on crying I might add). Here is the background--for those who don't know me, I always cry during movies. If a movie can't activate my tear glands, it must be really bad. I sob, weep, choke, hyperventilate, etc...only during really good movies, and mainly just when I am pregnant. When I display aforementioned emotions during a movie, J-P always laughs. Hard. He never lets it go, and teases me to the end of my rope. Sunday it was my turn to laugh at him, and it was oh-so-satisfying payback.

7 comments:

Andrea said...

This is hilarious!! WHAT MOVIE???

[M] said...

The Kite Runner. I still laugh just thinking about it.

Andrea said...

we just watched that last weekend and loved it, one of the few movies that i felt was well-done even though the book was (and usually is) better. but sobbing? what part???

J-P said...

Annie - give me a break. You didn't really buy this, did you? I thought you knew me? Besides doesn't every story teller exaggerate the story...if any tears there may have been a silent one at the very end.

Sheesh!

[M] said...

He didn't cry until the very end. Right before they rolled the credits. When I looked over and asked him if he was really crying (even though it was obvious) he was so choked up he could barely answer.

Andrea said...

of course i believe her, i do think we both got a little teary when he said "a thousand times for you" or whatever at the end. although i will admit that the JP i knew in college only got emotional over the tour de france...

Aaron & Sara Warren said...

Thanks again guys for coming out!

Love you!

The Kite Runner, eh? Never heard of it. Gotta check that out.