Apr 12, 2008

hiking

We went hiking today at the Lost Dutchman state park by our house. It was beautiful. I love the desert. The kids were good sports...most of the time.
While hiking, we taught Max about Arizona flora. My dad always used to teach us the names of all the plants and animals on our outdoor excursions in the pacific northwest.
Max's favorite plant was the ocotillo. After showing him one, he screamed "Oc-tee-ooo!!!" for the rest of the hike. Luckily for me he was on J-P's back, not mine.
More pictures here

While we hiked, my parents went to a tulip festival in WA-- pictures here

2 comments:

Brynn said...

I'm so jealous! I have been wanting to go hiking so bad. As soon as I have a husband again, I guess. Cute pictures!

Alicia Leppert said...

I LOVE the pictures of AZ in the background. I want to go there so bad! We went camping this weekend a few hours away and it was very desert/AZ like and the whole time I imagined I was down there. No cacti though. :(