Mar 31, 2008

This is what happens when...


Dad babysits. I found these pictures on the camera this morning. Max is starting to do a lot better with the baby. Hopefully all the timeouts he's been serving for baby assault are finally curing him of his need to inflict bodily damage on his younger sibling. I am starting to come to terms with the fact that Ian has a dairy allergy. When I cut it out of my diet he is a lot happier, sleeps through the night, and refrains from projectile vomiting.


Luckily for me the generic Walmart brand chocolate chips are dairy free. I think I could quite possibly die without chocolate. I have learned that it is possible to survive without cheese. Not pleasant, but possible.

4 comments:

Chelsea said...

M-A, we need to talk. It's been one month since I've taken dairy/soy out of my diet and I decided to integrate it back in this past weekend. Big mistake. We have been up most of the night the past two nights.

I cannot believe that the walmart brand chocolate chips don't have dairy. We are going there for FHE! I have felt so deprived the past month for sweets.

I'm going to email you.

Kori said...

I don't know if you remember me (Kori Fish) from Pasco. I was Tyler's friend growing up. I came across your blog from someone else's. We should exchange recipes. My three-year-old son is severely allergic to milk, eggs, peanuts, peas, and goat's milk. I feel your pain! I am always looking to exchange recipes with people who face this problem. Take care.

Alicia Leppert said...

What in the world is Max shoving up Ian's nose? So sorry about the allergies, but at least you know now, right? (I know, that's not much of a consolation.)

Kori said...

A wheat allergy would be extremely tough. It is hard enough without milk and eggs. I have always told people wheat and soy are the two that would be worse than the ones we already have to deal with. If I happen to come across wheat, milk, and egg free recipes, I will send them your way. Do you remember Lance Monson? His son sound a lot like your son. Milk, eggs, wheat, etc. Take care.