Apr 30, 2008

the death of a garlic press and other tragedies

It has been a sad day here at chez scoville. At approximately 9:47 a.m, our garlic press pressed it's last clove...just before splitting in two. Our garlic presses have an average life span of approximately 3.5 years. It will be sorely missed, but soon replaced. A garlic press is a need, not a want at our house.

Don't feel sorry for me...yet. My day gets worse. The loss of our garlic press was put into perspective by another loss. I lost a diaper battle with Max this morning. I caught him running around with his diaper off several times this morning. Each time I reattached it I told him he could have a treat if he kept in on. Apparently he likes taking off his diaper more than he likes treats.


Later Max whacked the baby in the head with a toy bowling pin. I rushed him to his room for time-out. I came back to get him after one minute and I could hear him crying. This was unusual behavior so I surveyed the situation to determine the cause. The culprit: poop. Poop on the floor. Poop on the walls. Poop on the toys. Poop in his hair. Poop in his eyes. Poop in his mouth...poop everywhere. I had no idea this could happen. No idea. I have no idea how it could all happen in one minute, and I have no idea how to stop it from happening again.


Usually I can laugh at our daily drama. Not today. I cried. I suppose I shouldn't have made fun of J-P for crying yesterday. I couldn't stop thinking about karma as I reported our poop problems through sobs on the phone, only to hear him laughing on the other end of the line. "There is nothing funny about poop", I said as I hung up the phone.

4 comments:

Andrea said...

so if you read my blog, you could consider yourself in good company with poop disasters. this one should make you feel a tiny bit better
http://ldsmommy.com/archives/792

Brynn said...

Ahhh, that is horrible. Nothing is worse than poop! When we were kids, my parents would turn the diapers backwards. Once we figured out how to get them off backwards, they would use duct tape. It ticked us off, but solved the problem.

Kelli said...

I put onesies on Joey and he can't get those off. So far it has worked for me. The one day that I didn't do it I found him naked after his nap. I completely feel your pain...

Alicia Leppert said...

There is everything funny about poop! Even the word! But probably not when it's smeared on your walls, and toys, and child...sorry about that.