Apr 5, 2008

our dinner last night

I love artichokes. They are beautiful. They are also the ultimate comfort food. I remember eating them a lot as a child. We dipped them in this special white artichoke sauce. Little did I know it was just plain mayonnaise. Good thing I didn't know that back then, I wouldn't have tried it. I refused to eat mayonnaise as a child, especially if my mom made it from scratch.

We ate artichokes last night. While looking for dipping sauce recipes, I stumbled onto some interesting info. A large artichoke contains a mere 25 calories. I'll have to remember that in case I ever decide to go on a diet.

2 comments:

Alicia Leppert said...

This cracked me up because I still think of you every time I see (not eat, cause I don't eat them) an artichoke. I remember you guys always eating them and I actually tried one one time with the mayo. It wasn't too bad, I remember.

S. Schuller said...

This is great. I've always been intimidated by the whole process of cooking and eating a whole artichoke. Now this looks fun and I will have to try it. You have such refined taste in food. Your mom made homemade mayo? That's amazing too.