Sep 25, 2008

lentil soup and potty training

Here are the haps today at chez scoville...

The activities: endless reading of curious george, chasing the baby, building towers, racing trucks, potty training (revisited), and breaking up fights. There is no sharing on max's agenda.


The menu: Lentil soup, homemade whole-wheat bread, peaches, and strawberries. Lentils are my favorite legume and a whole blog post should be dedicated to them. I'll have to do that later.


The arrival: A new sewing machine. An accidental ebay purchase. Yikes. Happy early birthday to me, I guess. I suppose I deserve something special, the big 3-0 is looming around the corner.

The milestones: Ian started pointing and repeating a few sounds. "Mmmmm" as I am feeding him. "Uh dah (what's that)" when he points to something. "Ma-ma-ma-ma" when I prompt him.
Melts my heart every time.

4 comments:

S. Schuller said...

Now I know what I need to make: lentil soup and homemade bread. Sounds delicious. I wish we were neighbors and I'd save myself the trouble and just come share some of yours! :) It'd taste better anyways. Your boys are so cute. Thanks for sharing your life with all of us!

Jessica said...

Can you adopt me? I would like to partake of your food and that seems the only feasible way.

Brynn said...

Your boys are so cute! I'm totally jealous of Ian's hair!

Alicia Leppert said...

I love Max's plastic underwear. I can't believe you're going to be 30 next month! And then I am next May! Aaaaahhhh!
We've had our fair share of "accidental" Ebay purchases at our house. I'm glad we're not the only ones.