Jul 31, 2007

Wood in Kitchen


The tile in the kitchen is gone. I'm still not convinced that wood is the best material for a kitchen floor (especially with a messy cook like me), but the house seems much larger with one continuous style of flooring. It was a nice surprise to come home to, and feels very organic underfoot. I hate walking on synthetic materials. Our next project is to sand and paint the cabinets.

Anyway, yesterday I went to Cost Plus World Market (couldn't they think of a shorter name?) to look for a flat weave jute rug to put under the table. I decided to bring Max. He has been walking for about a month now, and I figured that if he got tired of the stroller he could hold my hand and walk. My plan failed. He lasted about two minutes in the stroller so I got him out and said "hold mommy's hand." He yanked his hand free and started laughing and running away from me. I chased him down, grabbed his hand and said "Max, stay with mommy." He clamped down on my hand with all eight teeth until I screamed and let go. He took off running through the store, knocking over as many things as he could along the way. I couldn't keep up because my belly and I couldn't fit through the tight spaces he fit through. When he got to the toy section he grabbed a stuffed monkey, bent over forward and started sprinting like he was heading to the end zone for a touchdown. After I caught up and siezed his loot, he started throwing a mad tantrum. His ammunition included: kicking, hitting, screaming, back arching, and hair pulling. After a long embarrasing struggle and some significant hair loss, I finally got him strapped into the stroller and booked it for the car. I couldn't believe my sweet little boy was capable of being so naughty. If he keeps this up Santa will not be bringing him anything for Christmas!

5 comments:

Aaron & Sara Warren said...

Ahhhh...the sweet joys of motherhood. :o)

Aaron & Sara Warren said...

PS - I think the floor looks really nice!

dandee said...

Your floor looks amazing!

Sorry about the tantrum...that seems to be going around.

Alicia Leppert said...

They need to give Max his own reality show. I'd watch it every day. Not so fun for you, but so fun for us to read about!

Floor looks great. (Only you would say something like "I hate walking on synthetic materials." You crack me up!)

Alicia Leppert said...

P.S. I think you should pick one of these security words below at random and name your baby that. Like Czhgapd. That's what's there right now. That would be cool.