Jul 2, 2007

Happy Birthday (a little late...)

My mom just turned 50, but she doesn't look it. When we went to Spain on study abroad a few years ago, she told the family we were staying with that she was my mom and they didn't believe her. They thought we were just friends playing a joke on them. The last day we were there they overheard a conversation we were having and gasped "You really are her mom!" Hopefully I'll get those youthful genes. So far it doesn't seem like they are in my favor. Here are some great shots of my mom (she's the oldest one with dark hair)...

On the beach at Punta del Este, Uruguay
Sitting with her Abuela (she looks exactly like Max here)
Christmas in Colombia My mom and I in Spain at the running of the bulls
Here we are in Salamanca, one of my mom's favorite cities

Happy Birthday mom. We love you and hope you had a great day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute pictures Mary Ann--hopefully your Mom checks out your blog to see her birthday tribute. Have fun in Washington!

Aaron & Sara Warren said...

Your Mom is youthful looking, as are you! Love the pictures in the fun places!

Alicia Leppert said...

Your mom is beautiful. That first picture of her looks just like you when you were little!