May 15, 2007

Morning Walk


Max is not an easy baby. He starts his day at 4:55 a.m. every morning. I usually let him cry for 5 minutes because it's against my personal code of ethics to wake up before 5:00 a.m. We've tried everything to get him to sleep longer. Nothing works. After my morning sickness started to dissipate and I re-entered the world of the living, we decided to take a daily family walk with our extra time in the morning. We walk along a canal behind our neighborhood so we don't have to deal with the noise of morning traffic. On the walk, J-P and I talk about our day. We argue about whether we should spray the weeds in our front yard or pull them, we speculate about the decline in the real estate market every time we walk past a for sale sign, and we discuss things that we want to buy. J-P tells me we "need" a fancy high-end bike trailer, I tell him that we "need" a chocolate brown distressed leather sectional from Restoration Hardware. In the end we both decide we "need" to save our money. Max babbles the whole time as if he were a real participant in the conversation.


Can you believe how bright the sun is at 6:00 in the morning?

3 comments:

S. Schuller said...

You guys and family walks--- so traditional American family! I love it! Usually when Travis and I have talks about spending, we end on the same note as you guys. Ahh, the life of being married and having kids...

dandee said...

What a great way to use your time! I wish my husband were home more so we could take family walks more often!

Aaron & Sara Warren said...

What a nice way to start the day!