May 8, 2007

Can you see my house?


Living in one of the fastest growing cities in the country has it's perks. I live a reasonable driving distance away from every store I've ever wanted to go to (except H&M). They are building what is rumored to be the largest mall in the country just 2 miles from my house, and new and exciting restaurants keep popping up every week.

The downside of the growth--things are constantly changing. Sadly, we were kicked out of our ward last week. Ok, maybe boundary change would be a more appropriate term. Still, I feel like someone cut a piece of me off and I want it back! The worst part: we have to go back to 3 hour church. I guess we have been spoiled with our 2 1/2 hour time slot. I will not look forward to chasing Max around for an extra half hour every Sunday. Apparently the Gilbert/Queen Creek area is the fastest growing area in the history of the LDS church. They can't build churches fast enough. Seriously, where are all these people coming from?

5 comments:

Natasha said...

Yup. What neighborhoods are in your ward now?

[M] said...

Just the south side of San Tan Ranch and our little neighborhood. I am seriously bummed, I LOVED my ward. My new one will take some getting used to.

Aaron & Sara Warren said...

They're all coming from Southern California!

S. Schuller said...

Mary Ann,

That's crazy how fast your town is growing! I hope Max behaves the extra 1/2 hour of Church!

Sarah

Alicia Leppert said...

I didn't know your city was like that! I thought we were the worst as far as fast growth and needing more churches!