Apr 7, 2010

the room: sneak peek




The progress on Ava's room has been slow. I have been painting, thrifting, searching craigslist, sewing, and so forth. I scored great deals on a pink rocker, antique bed, and antique mirror...all lucky finds. The yo-yo mobile I made lasted about two days until one of the boys climbed into the crib, pulled it down, and destroyed it. Sigh + deep breath. Oh well. I don't love the lamp (spray painted goodwill find), and will probably make a different shade as I don't like how it turned out. The letter is my first experience with modge podge. I still have a long way to go. More pics to come...

5 comments:

Kathryn M said...

I think everything is looking great! My favorite part is that the Letter A matches the curtians!

Shells said...

It looks great! I especially love you choice in fabric!

Unknown said...

I love the lamp. What's wrong with the shade?

jlthomas said...

so adorable! I love the lamp too, keep it!

ecuakim said...

Umm. I'll take that lamp off your hands. Tomorrow, if you'd like. Pretty please. Are you KIDDING ME?! Keep it! It's FANTASTIC!