Apr 12, 2010

kitchen overhaul


Making some progress on our kitchen overhaul. Now we need to find/install some back splash tile. I was going to go with simple white-ish subway tile, but it's hard to find in this southwestern-everything-is-stone state. When I asked the guy at the tile store to help me find the subway tile, he looked at me like I was an idiot and told me that it is very outdated and that I wouldn't find it anywhere in Arizona. I will find some, but I'm not so sure that I'm set on it. Any suggestions?

5 comments:

Jessica said...

I love that the guy said white tile is so outdated. Because the 90's southwestern look is just so IN.

Amie said...

The kitchen sink is looking great! Did you also get new countertops? Did J-P install them?

Unknown said...

I'm not sure the tile guy knows what's up. I see subway tile in all the magazines. I love it, and I've thought about that for our kitchen, that or some pretty glass tile, like some different shades of blue or something. Good luck! And what you've done so far looks great.

Molly said...

Subway tile is so in right now, that's weird. The other thing I was going to say is the small glass tiles, love that look as well! There's gotta be a place that has subway tile though. Love the sink and counter. Can't wait until I can do that to my house!

Kathryn M said...

What store did you go to? I'm pretty sure white subway tile is timeless. I also love the look of small glass tile as well. What ever you do will be beautiful because you have great taste!