Jan 15, 2010

dinosaurs

Max goes through phases. For most of his life he has been in a car/truck phase. They were all he could think or talk about. During this phase could identify just about every vehicle, and would dialogue everything he saw on the road. "That blue big rig is a freightliner mommy...no, I think it's a peterbuilt." Usually I couldn't even confirm his assertions. He knows more about cars than I do.
He is currently going through a dinosaur phase. He crawls around all day long and roars, saying "I'm a corythosaurus!" Or, "I'm a triceratops, because I have three horns!" Thanks to books and t.v. shows he is becoming a dinosaur expert. Thanks to lucky thrifting expeditions, he has plenty of dinosaur books and toys to play with. I love to hear the dinosaur conversations he comes up while playing with his toys. I don't love it when he refuses to eat lunch and feeds it to his dinosaurs instead.

1 comment:

Kathryn M said...

I loved dinosaurs as a kid too! My mom got me some play dough (although we usually made it to save money) and she got me some cookie cutters in the shapes of dinosaurs and I loved making my very own!