Dec 28, 2009

blessing day






We blessed Ava on Sunday. She was a perfect angel and didn't cry once. It was so nice to have my whole family and Sarah and Rachel there. Last time we blessed a baby (Ian), it was a couple days after we found out J-P's dad had terminal cancer. Both Ian and J-P cried through the short (but sweet) blessing, and it was hard to hear what he was saying. This time around I had Ian on my lap and he cried through most of the blessing, so I only caught a few words. Luckily everyone could relay what was said. It was a special day. It has been a wonderful blessing to have this sweet little girl join our family. We love her so much.

p.s. we found a beautiful white dress at an antique store. then we brought it home and realized it was not white, but yellow. and too big. so we braved the post-Christmas craziness at the mall to find a white one that didn't clash with the blanket my mom knitted. and i stayed up the night before making yet another headband so ava would have something pretty to wear on her special day.

8 comments:

Whitney said...

I'm bummed that we weren't there! I'm going to have to have you teach me how to make those super cute flowers sometime! She is so beautiful!

Shells said...

She is so adorable and makes me a bit baby hungry! In my opinion, there is an extra "preciousness" about little girls.

PS. I might be changing my mind about headbands, because I love the ones you are putting on her.

JJ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Natasha said...

She's so beautiful Mary Ann.

Jessica said...

Your baby is an angel.

And if you don't stop making those headbands I am so jealous of I might die.

Natalie Black said...

She is SUCH a beautiful girl. Congratulations to you guys. Love the headbands!

jlthomas said...

Beautiful! What a sweet baby you have.

ecuakim said...

We are sooooo sad that we weren't there! The dress is beautiful. Almost as beautiful as Ava! And the story reminds me of when Clark was blessed and cried (screamed?) through the whole thing. Even special days aren't perfect. But isn't that what life is all about? I'm starting to embrace that, but it's tough for my OCD to handle. :) p.s. We need to get together!