Dec 19, 2009

joining the ranks

Tomorrow Ava will be joining the ranks of homemade-headband-wearing babies. She is almost two months old and I have never made her a headband. Is that borderline child abuse? She has been gifted headbands, but none of them have matched the outfits she fits into. Every Sunday I sit in church feeling a little guilty that my baby is the only girl baby with a bare head. It's a little embarrassing. The other babies have bracelets, blinged-out pacifiers, hair bows galore, and Ava has...well, a dress. I decided I couldn't let Christmas Sunday come and go without making some effort to accessorize her cute Christmas outfit. I only wish I would have thought about it earlier so I could have made one for myself. Merry Christmas Ava-lu!

6 comments:

Shells said...

This made me smile because Abby was the same way. I think she was six months old before I tried a bow (and 18 months before I tried a headband for the first and last time). It annoyed me that I received a lot more compliments on Abby's bow, than I ever received on just Abby.

But that sure is an adorable headband. post pictures.

Aaron & Sara Warren said...

My girls never wore headbands. They survived. ;o)

dandee said...

completely perfect! I love it.

Kendra said...

Awesome as usual M-A! She is so beautiful and you so talented!!

Unknown said...

Uh...how did you make that? Super cute.

Jessica said...

Mary Ann, I am so jealous I could die. I also borderline-abuse my daughter by not making/having headbands for her. I don't know how to make them and I can't find any cute ones. How did you do it???? I love it!!!! I would seriously pay good money for one. Maybe you should go into business? I will be your first customer! And red! I am always needing a red headband! As depressing evidence, look at my blog and my poor bare-headed Christmas baby. :(