Dec 23, 2009

virtual cheer



...So I finished my cards early this year. They were ready to go in early December. I loaded them up with j-p to stamp and mail on his way to work and happily crossed off "cards" from my busy holiday to-do list.

A couple weeks later nobody mentioned receiving our card. I called my mom. She didn't get it. I texted my sister-in-law (who lives down the street). She didn't get it. I burst into J-P's office in a mad panic. "Something happened, nobody is getting our cards!", I said. He gave me a puzzled look and mentioned something about how it's a busy time for the USPS. "Um, it doesn't take two weeks for neighbors to receive our mail...it takes one day. Are you sure you put stamps?"

He looked at me with a guilty smile and said "Well, maybe I didn't mail them exactly when you thought I did." I took a REALLY deep breath and said, "ok, when did you mail them?" He flashed me an i'm-sorry-please-don't-kill-me smile and said "today". He explained that he went to the post office and they were really busy, so he left. And then he forgot. For two weeks.

So, here is the virtual version for those that don't receive it in time. I put the birth announcement on the back side to save a stamp. Merry Christmas from Chez Scoville!

11 comments:

dandee said...

that sounds like something Ryan would do...

merry Christmas!

jlthomas said...

I just received your card, so cute! I love the idea of the birth announcement on the back! Hope you have a wonderful Christmas!

Kendra said...

So laughing right now!! I loved the card!!!!!!

Aaron & Sara Warren said...

We received ours & it arrived along with many others, so I think you were still ahead of the game. Both pictures are darling!

Shells said...

Way too funny! Thanks for the card.

Jessica said...

I totally stole your idea to put the birth announcement and Christmas card on the blog. Unfortunately, I did not steal the idea to actually SEND the birth announcement or Christmas card. Alas. Maybe next year. And next baby.

:)

Kathy C said...

Hilarious. Love the cute family photo!

Brynn said...

That cracks me up! Glenn was sent to the post office to stamp and send our cards too since we had stamps that needed a couple more cents on them. He got there, saw the long line and stuck them in the mail without the added postage. I was ticked! Luckily for him we haven't received any back. Next year I think I will be making that trip. And we did get yours in time... Super cute!!!

Anonymous said...

I got mine before Christmas. I love It.

Andrea said...

i had mine printed Dec. 1 but mailed them on christmas eve after waiting all month for shawn to write the letter... where did you print them? i LOVED the card!!

[M] said...

annie- thanks:) i printed them at vistaprint.com under an "upload your own design" section. it was the best deal i could find for two-sided cards on cardstock.