Sep 4, 2007

Time flies

I can't believe it's September. There is so much I need (want) to get done before the baby comes, and there is not much time left. Blogging has taken a backseat as so many other things (like keeping Max alive) have become huge priorities. It is, however, high time for an update on the haps at chez scoville. The good news: Max has gained almost three pounds since we put him on a gluten-free, allergy-free diet. Today we were driving and he was giggling, playing with the new fat rolls on his legs, and saying "what's that?" It has been such a relief to have him gaining instead of losing.
Max has been gaining some major skill in the communication and comprehension department. According to the books, his skills are on par for his age, but I still feel like he is majorly gifted. He loves his routine. He is very good about reminding me when it is time for his walk, his lunch, his nap, and his bath. He is so curious. He constantly points to things and asks "what's that?" over, and over, and over. He is very coordinated (which he definitely didn't get from his parents) and can dribble a soccer ball around the house like a pro.

I have been nesting. Not the cleaning and organizing variety...the home decor variety. Part of me realizes that after the baby comes I won't be leaving the house much, and I will have a much more positive mental state if I like the way it looks. We have been slowly selling our old stuff and buying new stuff as our budget allows. I bought a used chair and ottoman and special ordered some fabric to reupholster it. I'm sure I'm in way over my head, I'll let you know how it goes. We are also getting rid of J-P's bachelor big-screen and replacing it with a smaller, less intrusive looking t.v. With the help of my design friend Sarah, I finally made a decision on a t.v. stand. Hopefully it looks ok.

Max and I have been getting out of the house as much as possible so J-P can work and study for the GMAT without distraction. I love going places because of all of the looks I get from the general public. So entertaining. Some people are even brave enough to comment. Here is a sampling from our morning at the market--

Stranger: Oh my gosh, when are you due?

Me: Oh, not until the middle of November...

Stranger: Really? You look like you are going to pop any second.


Stranger: Um, how old is he?

Me: Fourteen months.

Stranger: And when are you due?

Me: In November.

Stranger: Wow, that's close together.


I think it scares people that Max looks like a 12 month old and I look like I am 10 months pregnant. I love to watch people's reactions. Anyway, things are good around here. Time is flying.

3 comments:

Aaron & Sara Warren said...

Sounds like these are going well, M-A. Good luck, J-P!!! Study hard!

Anonymous said...

Your house is looking good Mary Ann. I could use some Sarah help. I like your new couches.

S. Schuller said...

I love your choice! It looks great...sleek, simple and very nice looking.