Sep 18, 2007

Blood Test


We took Max to get a blood test yesterday. No fun! J-P and a nurse held Max down while another nurse rubber banded his arm to try and find a vein. Nothing showed up so she dug around with a needle for a couple minutes while he screamed and I watched in helpless horror. After a couple minutes of digging and no blood, she gave up and pulled the needle out. Another nurse gave it a try and struck blood after another minute of digging. Turns out Max HATES to get his blood taken. All it took was a hug from his mom and a couple of gluten-free, dye-free fruit snacks and he was back on his feet. The "I had a blood test sticker" he is wearing in this picture was icing on the cake. What is it about kids and stickers?

4 comments:

Shells said...

I hate having MY blood taken, I can't imagine what it must be like for a toddler. How horrible.

Thanks again for watching Mikey. It sure was nice visiting and catching up.

[M] said...

No problem. I'll watch him anytime...he is a good distraction for Max. You left a sippy cup behind...

Alicia Leppert said...

What a cute picture. I love the little post-blood-draw cotton ball and tape and the sticker. So cute. Nothing is worse than when they have to dig around with those blasted needles, especially for a tiny kid! Poor Max.

Anna said...

I feel for you Max. I hate to have my blood drawn too and I had it drawn 4 times on Tuesday. You probably had just as many pokes as I did though. I wish they had given me a sticker. That definitely would have been icing on the cake for me too. See ya soon!