Sep 25, 2007

The count down

My growing belly has Max obsessed with stomachs. He is always pulling up
everyone's shirt (including mine), pointing to their belly and asking "what's that?"

Seven weeks to go and so much to do! There is not enough time in the day. Right now I'm in the middle of refinishing the cabinets, painting the kitchen, reupholstering a chair, shopping for baby necessities, and revamping my family's nutritional intake (macrobiotic). Things are coming along very slowly because I spend most of my day entertaining Max. He insists that all my attention be focused on him at all times...or else. His world will be turned upside down when this baby comes. Hopefully we'll all survive. We got the results from his blood test. He does not have Celiac disease (phew), but has very low thyroid function so we are taking him to an endocrinologist. More bloods tests are in order, can't wait for that.

J-P finally took the GMAT and did well considering it has been 10 years since his last formal education. We are trying to decide if it is worth it to uproot our family and move somewhere crazy to go to school, or if it would be more practical to stay here and do the part-time program at ASU. I'm not sure I'm willing to trade my pool and over sized front-loading washer and dryer for apartment living. In the meantime we are working on applications just in case. Who knows if we will get in anywhere.

6 comments:

Andrea said...

I can't believe how many projects you have underway! Will JP apply anywhere East??

[M] said...

Yes, we have our eye on lots of schools in the east...but we will need some major luck to be accepted.

Aaron & Sara Warren said...

I'm sure J-P will be accepted to where ever the Lord sees is needed for your family. What an exiciting time! Congrats on the good score, J-P!

Alicia Leppert said...

Macrobiotic...how very Gwyneth Paltrow of you!

What's with all the false alarm Celiac diagnoses lately? Yay for Max that he doesn't have it!

S. Schuller said...

I love the picture of Max touching his belly. He wants to be just like his mommy!

Phil Scoville said...

JP and I talked awhile back and hope that everything goes well with that decision. It has been a little easier for us because I've not really ever stopped going to school. Yikes! Can that be true. I am full-time student and I am already 29. PhD or not -- is it worth it. I am hoping so, if not since JP will be getting his MBA - maybe I can just work for him and you guys can support our family. How does that sound?

It would be fun if we both ended up somewhere on the East Coast. Marlene would love that.