Aug 25, 2007

Down by the Bay


It rained last night. All night long. There were also massive amounts of thunder and lightening. Thanks to a booming bolt that hit our house last year, I now get anxiety when the electrical charges start flying through the air. I used to love it. You know it is close when the flash of light and jolt of noise are simultaneous. There's no counting to see how far away it is.


Whenever it rains in Phoenix it floods. I used to walk to parks in our neighborhood when we first moved here and laugh at the signs that said "no walking or swimming in standing water." "What water?", I thought as I drudged back home through the 110 degree weather with 0% humidity. I took some pictures of the flooded park at the end of our street on my walk with Max this morning. It was a nice, cool, 80 degrees at 6:30 a.m.

4 comments:

S. Schuller said...

Mary Ann, I don't envy the heat one bit. What were you doing at 6:30 AM out in the puddles? Does Max get up that early every day? Heavens...

[M] said...

Max wakes up in between 5:00 am and 5:30 every day! It's rough. J-P is very nice and gets up with him on most days.

Alicia Leppert said...

I was never scared of lightening until a few months ago. We had a storm so bad and so close that it woke me up from my nap when the lightening struck and thunder sounded at EXACTLY the same time and shook the walls of our house. There were even sirens of fire trucks nearby so I know it hit somewhere close. Yikes.

Aaron & Sara Warren said...

Max looks super cute and super content in these pictures, so your diet tricks must be working!