Nov 1, 2010

typical day

I love this picture because it captures a typical day here at chez scoville. Ian, who I can never keep clothes on (he has to take them ALL off every time he goes to the bathroom, then never takes the time to put them back on). Max, who puts a polo shirt on backwards every day. He then argues that he has it on the right way, and that my idea of putting the buttons in the front is wrong. Some days I can convince him, some days I don't bother. Both boys always with a sword or a shovel in their hand. If not they have a kitchen utensil that they are pretending is a sword or a shovel. A good portion of our silverware is strewn around the backyard. And then there is Ava, always following her brothers and trying to get in the middle of the action. Laughing at their shenanigans, and then screaming loudly when they abandon her.

Today Max was unfolding dinner napkins and placing them in a strategic pile on his bedroom floor. When I asked him what he was doing, he replied "oh, I'm just making a bed for the next time someone brings us a baby." It was really cute. Feeling relieved that he is still too young for the 'where babies come from' speech, I said "Huh. Do you want someone to bring us a baby?" He smiled and said "yeah". If only it were that easy!

Tonight I started to help Max with a project he has to do for preschool. He has to make a poster showing his favorite color, place, what he wants to be when he grows up, etc. I don't ever think to ask him these questions (except his fav. color, which changes daily), and I was really surprised by his responses, and by the fact that he happily yelled out each answer immediately without even taking one second to think it over. I thought I would post the answers here so I don't forget what he said.

My favorite color: pink and gray
My favorite food: chicken meatballs
My favorite place: the playground
My favorite animal: elephants and horses
When I grow up, I want to be: a missionary
My favorite thing to do: (i already forgot what he said for this--will post edit)
If I had one wish, I would wish for: a star

He is growing up so fast.

1 comment:

Kathryn M said...

This post made me really happy! It also gave me the idea that kids can be a lot of fun and maybe I do want to be a mom... :)