Nov 14, 2010

Family Pictures













We had my talented friend Rachel (click for her blog) take our family pictures this year. We took them in an old pecan grove. She was very patient with our boys who, upon finding themselves in a magical forest, just wanted to run around and play with sticks. I am the most indecisive person in the world, and changed Ava's and my outfit about at least 10 times before we left. I won't tell you how many dresses I bought and then took back, it's embarrassing. I even enlisted the style help of my friend Chelsea, but didn't have time to purchase all of her suggestions. Ironically, I ended up putting Ava in an old sweater I found at a thrift store months ago. Right before we left I decided to make her some flower brooches because her outfit needed a little something (never mind that my outfit needed much more help). J-P did a pretty good job of not rolling his eyes during all the wardrobe changes and hot gluing. We had a lot of fun, and the pecan grove was amazing. Thanks Rachel!

More pictures on flickr.

7 comments:

Marianne said...

Your kids just kill me. I love Ian's eyes. And Ava's cheeks. And Max's smile. Cute, cute, cute!

Chelsea said...

I LOVE what you chose. The colors are awesome and everyone looks great.

Aaron & Sara Warren said...

I enjoyed reading all the updates. Love the family pictures. Very cute and everyone's outfit looks perfect! Great backdrop for pics, but I want to zoom in on the fam to see your cute selves.

Aaron and I were looking at the park pictures with the Stooks and we all were figuring that couldn't be AZ. It looked far too green. Boy were we wrong. Looks lush!

Kathryn M said...

Wonderful pictures! Everyone looks wonderful and happy. Yellow is a color you wear well, I'm a little jealous ;) and Rachel did a really nice job.

pinklady said...

wow m-a, your brood is quite handsome. :) BEAUTIFUL photos of you all!

(ps: I don't think your outfit needed any help, it was simple and stunning altogether. for reals.)

Unknown said...

M-A, you did a super job (as did Rachel!). Everyone looks really great, and I love the colors!

Amie said...

Love the family pix...Ian's faux hawk is awesome! MA-you did a fantastic job coordinating the outfits. :-)