Nov 22, 2010

thankful



Lately I have been really happy. Bursting-at-the-seams happy. All the time. Life is a party. Nothing can get me down (knock-on-wood). Really though, it's how I'm feeling. Life is good. And I am really happy. Did I already mention that? Among the things bolstering my fantastic mood: sunny arizona skies, an abundant garden, healthy children, good food (I am getting better at baking gluten-free every day), my new breakmaker (that has a gluten-free cycle and makes my life SO much easier--hooray!), designing Christmas cards, anticipating spending time with family and friends over the holidays.

I really love this time of year. Especially in Arizona where it's just cold enough to pull out the down comforter, wear cute sweaters, and drink hot chocolate (I have recently invented the best dairy-free/sugar-free recipe by-the-way), but not cold enough to cause bodily pain. Yes, the cold is painful to me. I really love the year-round growing season in Arizona. And I can't wait for our lemons and oranges to ripen. In my garden right now: basil, cucumbers, napa cabbage, swiss chard, bok choy, beets, cilantro, green onions, tomatoes, lettuce, and kale, and yellow peppers. It's only taken me five years here to figure out what grows best in the fall. Hooray for fresh garden pesto in November! Like I said, life is good. So much to be thankful for at chez scoville.

4 comments:

Aaron & Sara Warren said...

So happy to hear it. Its always nice when one is in their happy place.

Amie said...

Your garden looks fantastic! We can't wait to see you guys in December. It's cold enough for the down comforter in Arizona?

Kathryn M said...

I would love to have a garden like yours! how wonderful :) Also I am so glad that your family is doing soo well!

ecuakim said...

Great post Mary Ann. I'm so happy for you! You deserve to be happy and to have all the desires of your heart. Love you!