Nov 24, 2009

one month

My sweet little ava-lu is a month old. In the past month I have:

Slept very little. Kissed Ava's cheeks a gazillion times--they are perfectly pudgy. Packed away the newborn clothes (after three days), and many of the 0-3 month clothes. Seriously considered changing her name. Discovered the wonder that is the crock pot. Held Ava a lot. Burped her a lot. Nursed her a lot. Done more laundry than I ever thought possible.
Ava is a much different baby now. She rarely sleeps for more than 5-10 minutes at a time during the day, unless she is being held. She also prefers to be held while awake. Which makes it almost impossible to get anything done. She is very much a GIRL. So much more sensitive and dramatic than the boys. It's amazing to see the distinct gender differences that are present even from birth. She is starting to smile a little, and is very alert and curious.

6 comments:

Molly said...

Do you have a sling or a baby bjorn? Those can be lifesavers for a baby that needs to be held!

Alicia Leppert said...

Oh my gosh!! I had no idea you had your baby! I have gotten so far behind on blogs, I feel so out of it. Congratulations! She is beautiful!

dandee said...

she is so precious.

i know everyone says this, but just hold her + enjoy it. oliver was so colicky for the first five months, he cried all the time so i had no choice but to hold him. now, he's crawling all over and is happy without me. can you believe that I already miss that sweet baby stage? the boy's only 8 months old, for pete's sake!

ecuakim said...

So sorry I haven't been around much. Saying life has been crazy doesn't begin to explain...or excuse! Hang in there. Some moments are just tough, no matter how much you love them, when the sleep deprivation begins to set in. But you can do it! Love the pictures. She's adorable. And keep the name! Love ya.

Kendra said...

So cute! I LOVE these pictures! Let the drama begin...take it from me you are just at the tip of the iceberg!!

Redbabe said...

She is so adorable. Great pictures too :)