Nov 30, 2008

thanksgiving

I hosted my first thanksgiving this year. I am told I hosted one before. I vaguely remember nausea and vomiting...pretty sure I blocked the rest out. Did we eat any turkey? Sorry guys. Hopefully I made up for it this year.
I soaked the turkey in a brine before I cooked it (recipe here). I was skeptical, but it turned out very moist. We had a dairy-free dinner (lots o allergies on the scoville side). It wasn't super great, but everyone could eat it. That's what counts, right? I'll work on finding better recipes.
We lounged around, went to the movies, played at the park, chatted, played games, went to see the Mesa temple lights, and ate lots of food. Thanks to my mother-in-law and sisters-in law for all their help. We had a great time. You can check out pics on flickr.

p.s. I had lofty thanksgiving decorating plans (I think I have come down with seasonal decorating disorder), but due to some unexpected events most of them did not come to fruition. I did manage to finish my turkey silhouette...just in the nick of time. Check it out here.

4 comments:

ecuakim said...

What a beautiful table setting! It's just so pretty...I can't wait to see what you do for Christmas!

Chelsea said...

You are really talented, I love your decorations.

Aaron & Sara Warren said...

Love the decorations & the B&W turkey pic. Well done!

Jessica said...

Love your place settings and love your turkey silhouette! Nice job!!!