Jun 23, 2008

Weekend in L.A.

We made a quick trip to Los Angeles for my friend Jessica's wedding. It was a beautiful day. It was also a HOT day and the used-to-zero-percent-humidity Scoville family was dripping in perspiration the whole day. It was fun to drive by the first apartment we lived in and reminisce about weekly trips to the beach, big city adventures, and unrestricted sushi eating.
After the wedding we headed to the beach to seek some relief from the scorch. BAD IDEA. All of SoCal was at the beach with news media in tow to document the widespread pilgrimage to the supposedly cooler coastline. We all got heatstroke. Ok, maybe not.
After the beach we headed to the reception at the Los Angeles Police Academy rock garden. BEAUTIFUL. I was kicking myself for forgetting the camera in the car. I love weddings. I love them more without cranky children; nonetheless, we had a great time.
You can check out more pictures from our trip on FLICKR

1 comment:

Alicia Leppert said...

I want to be in SoCal, scorching hot weather and all!!