Mar 14, 2008

TGIF

We just returned from Target. I took back a clock and perused the dollar bins and easter aisle hoping to find some great easter ideas. I can usually count on Target to come through for me. Not today. We came home with a squirt gun and sidewalk chalk to keep Max entertained this afternoon, and to distract him from pulling my flowers.

Here is the last view of some of my spring flowers, moments before Max picked them. And then ate them. I think it's safe to say he's not allergic to flowers.


Here is super sweet, now four-month-old Ian. Last night he woke up around 2 a.m. and talked and laughed in his crib for about 20 minutes until I got tired of the noise and nursed him back to sleep. Crazy kid.

Random question: Can anyone tell me if the wheat from the church cannery is sproutable? I'm in the mood for a grassy spring centerpiece and don't feel like driving to the health food store. I am also posting an invitation for any and all to post cool easter dessert/treat ideas on their blog. My creative juices are dry and I need some help.

4 comments:

Alicia Leppert said...

Hmm...I don't know about the wheat. Danyelle probably would. (It sounds like you need one of her Spring-in-a-Can's. Have you seen them?)
I have a Quick and Easy Jello pie recipe that I got out of a mag. around Easter time. They're fun because you can make them any color that Jello makes and they look pastel.

[M] said...

I have seen the spring-in-a-can, very cute. I want to make something really big in a specific container I have. I used to grow wheat grass all the time in college and try to eat it/cook with it. SO gross. What did I think I was, a cow? Anyway, I'll have to get your recipe.

Anonymous said...

Yes, you can sprout it. That is all my mom gets I she does it every easter.

At lest Max is cute while he eats your flowers.

S. Schuller said...

M-A, you're so pretty. Ian is adorable too. I think you can sprout any kind of wheat. If you cover it with saran wrap the first few days it grows better.