Feb 15, 2011

planting




This is what our day looked like. A lovely 80 degrees. I decided that it was time to edit the garden and prep for some more planting. I really wish it wouldn't have taken me five years of living here to figure out that I could grow greens all winter long. It has been delightful to be able to go outside to pick lettuce for a salad, beet greens, chard or kale for a green smoothie, cilantro for guacamole, bok choy for stir fry, etc. All fresh and organic. We have even had several cold nights (low 20's) and it hasn't phased any of the plants. My gigantic basil plant died with the first freeze, but everything else is frost hardy. Apparently you can even dig kale out from under the snow when you want to pick it.
-------------------
And I finally gave the blog a little face lift. I was craving something clean and simple.

1 comment:

blindblogger said...

I love the blog face lift.