Feb 21, 2011

burrito and whale



The boys got plenty of great toys for Christmas this year. Ironically, the only ones they play with are two small stuffed dogs they got in their stockings. Upon first sight, Max named his "burrito" and they have since been inseparable. Ian named his "whale". The two of them make dog houses out of blocks, the play dog catch (using dogs instead of balls), they play "house" where they are the parents and the dogs are the babies/children. They put their dogs in "time out" quite frequently for misbehaving. They put them down for naps. They wrestle with them (and each other). They play dog pirates. They play hide-and-go-seek with them. Watching this explosion of creative dog play makes me more than happy. Although I will admit that I am secretly happy that Max's dog allergy will prevent us from ever getting a real dog.

4 comments:

ecuakim said...

This cracks me up. And I can so relate. You never know what will strike their fancy. I'm happy for you that you can "say No" to drugs, I mean, dogs!!! ;) Honestly, I think we're really going to have to get one. I think it will be really good for Clark, not having any siblings and all... although I told Jose that I get to pick the breed. I think I have him sold on a Wheaten Terrier. No shedding!!!

Sarah said...

Hi Marianne, (sorry if I spelled you wrong!)
I don't know where you find time in your day to garden and make so much awesome food for your family, so I understand if you don't have time for my question. However, I just found out yesterday that I have anti-ssa and anti-ssb (at least I think that is how you say it) antibodies which mean I have some sort of autoimmune disorder. I have no symptoms or complaints, but I am 23 weeks pregnant and just found out the baby has a congenital heart block. Having the heart block led them to investigate why the baby has it and the antibodies are what caused it. So they are still investigating but apparently i have something even if I don't know it yet! Wondered if you had any book suggestions on autoimmune disorders and diet. I like to look at you finding the root cause blog. Like I said, don't know where you find the time to do all that but I think you are pretty awesome!
Thanks!
Sarah Knight

[M] said...

Sarah- send me your email address or put it here and I will email you some ideas and links:)

maryannscoville(at)gmail.com

Sarah said...

Thanks! My email is ronandsarah@me.com