Oct 31, 2010

Halloween 2010







My favorite thing about Halloween in Arizona is that nobody has to wear a coat over their costume. It's perfectly pleasant outside. I remember freezing every year in Washington as a kid. I could barely feel my toes when I got home. This year I made the costumes. I ran out of time and didn't get a top made for Ava's witch costume. I shouldn't have spent a big chunk of the afternoon figuring out how to sew her felt hat and velvet flower embellishment, because she wore it for a total of two seconds. Oh well. It was my first time sewing a tutu and leggings. Tutus are much harder than they look. No wonder everyone just ties strips of tulle on elastic. The boys play "pirates" every day, so I figured their costumes could double as dress-up clothes.

3 comments:

Kathryn M said...

Wow! great job I can't believe you sewed everything, they all look like authentic halloween costumes to me!

Aaron & Sara Warren said...

I'm glad you spent time on the witch's hat because it is absolutely adorable. Well done all around, M-A!

Brynn said...

Really cute costumes! And I'm super impressed by Ava's hat! So cute!