Oct 27, 2010

crazy hair day




Yesterday was crazy hair day at preschool. Max was so excited. I had to snap a few pictures while he was eating lunch because we were running late and didn't have time for a photo shoot. In fact, I did his hair while he was eating. The reason for the delay? As I was getting Max ready for preschool I realized that it was "black" day and after a quick inventory of his wardrobe I discovered he does not own any black clothes. We made a mad dash to Walmart, came home, whipped up lunch (from scratch like always), and barely got him there on time. Preschool is so crazy that I can't even imagine how my life will change when he goes to real school.

Max has reminded me several times that he has to wear his Halloween costume to preschool on Thursday. He loves preschool. But he loves just about everything these days. He is so happy all the time. Last night at my birthday dinner-date I was lamenting to J-P about how miserable my birthday was last year (three-day-old baby, scorpion sting, husband across the country, and multiple meltdowns by Max).

That led to a conversation about the dramatic changes we have seen in Max over the last year. We are so grateful for the inspiration we have received to help him, and thrilled with the positive results of our interventions. Thrilled, gleeful, bursting with happiness that Max is doing so well. He is incredibly social, his creative play has exploded through the roof, his vocabulary is fantastic, he can recognize/write the entire alphabet, and all of the behaviors that previously worried me are gone (insert huge sigh of relief here).

2 comments:

Kathryn M said...

Glad to see your family happy and enjoying life. Also glad you had a real birthday this year!

Aaron & Sara Warren said...

He's growing up so much, M-A.

I'm so happy to hear that the diet changes have made such an improvement in his life. My friend is also making serious changes to her family's diet and I gave her your food site as a point of reference. You women are stronger & better Mothers than I. Way to go!