Sep 30, 2010

lately

I have been reading a lot lately. There are piles and piles of books in this house. I am averaging about a book every two days. All part of my research quest to conquer food allergies and other health issues. When I am not reading I am cooking. Three meals a day. From scratch. We are talking grind-your-own-flour and soak-your-own-beans kind of scratch. I am really trying to put variety into our diet, which is excruciatingly challenging being that we have to avoid wheat, dairy, soy, corn, eggs, pork, peanuts, and nuts. Because life wasn't hard enough, I have decided to cut out all artificial colors, flavors, and preservatives. I am also trying to buy mostly organic.

And since organic applesauce is four dollars for a tiny little jar, I decided I would just make my own. So I bought a pressure canner. I have been canning fruit and beans and finally feel like an official grown-up. Canning has always intimidated me, but it really isn't hard at all.

Anyway, the point of this post is to say that I am using my dormant twitter account (I'm more of a facebook girl) a
s a widget on my new blog to tell the world what we are eating for dinner. Or lunch. Whichever sounds more appetizing. It seems like every day a new friend calls to say that they are going off of dairy or wheat (for everything from colicky babies to preventing miscarriages) and have no idea what to cook. I will also add tips, tricks, recipes, shopping guides, and my latest interesting research finds to the blog as I find time. Much easier than sending out emails. I have learned so many crazy/interesting things in the past month or two, and I will slowly add links/book reviews to the blog too.

And for those people that keep asking me how to get to the blog, click
HERE (click on the word "here"). Sorry, i wasn't trying to be subtle before. I'll eventually get a button on here but I'm too busy cooking to do things like that. Cheers to healthy eating!

No comments: