Aug 17, 2010

first day


Today was Max's first day of preschool. He has been SO excited all year, and I have used it as leverage for good behavior at home. "Only little boys that are nice to their brothers get to go to preschool", "only little boys that listen to their mommies get to go to preschool". Not sure what my next disciplinary tactic will be, perhaps I will have to start reading parenting books. He has been dying to go "school" since he learned of it's association with backpacks and school buses...two of his very favorite things.

The first day was a success, and definitely lived up to his expectations. The two little ones fell asleep on the way home, and then Max and I snuggled on the couch and he told me all about it. I hope he will be this open/willing to talk to me in ten more years. And may I also say that I love the age of four? Max is blossoming into a delightful boy. He is helpful, polite, listens and follows directions, gives me hugs and tells me he loves me (without me saying it first), and walks around singing primary songs. A much needed breath of fresh air when there is a wild two-year-old in the house. My only hope is that school continues to be a positive experience for him. It's a rough world out there.

2 comments:

Aaron & Sara Warren said...

I happen to agree. 4 is a delightful age!

Amie said...

I hope Max continues to enjoy school...great first day of school picture of him!