Aug 5, 2010

canada and the reunion






At the end of July we all flew to Toronto for a McDonald family reunion with my Dad's family. We had SO much fun. Toronto is an amazing city. We had fun navigating the subways (not so easy with strollers!), walking around downtown, soaking our feet in Lake Ontario, eating Persian food (have I ever mentioned my love for Persian food?), and seeing all of the old buildings/architecture.

After a couple days in Toronto we drove to my aunt's cottage on Lake Huron. One of the most amazing places I have ever been. It was designed by my late uncle (an amazing architect), and had floor to ceiling windows throughout. The lake was beautiful and crystal clear. We spent our time relaxing, eating delicious food, swimming, chatting, exploring, playing bocce, searching for fossils (there were lots in the rocks), roasting marshmallows, hiking, playing games, going for boat rides, and chasing our children around. Thanks so much for having us!

Check out more pictures on flickr.

1 comment:

Molly said...

Sounds amazing! Glad you guys had such a great time!