Aug 11, 2010

four generations + more allergies


I forgot to post these four generation pictures we took at the Smith family farm in New York. The boys were tired/grumpy after the tour and running around in the heat. Oh well. I'm glad we remembered to take them.

I also thought I'd mention that we finally got around to having J-P's doctor fax over his allergy results. He has a high level fish/shellfish allergy, was isn't a surprise. The doctor called to tell us about that one. But it turns out that he also has allergies to eggs, wheat, peanuts, pork, and corn (but dairy was completely negative). I am determined to get to the bottom of this allergy epidemic. I have read that those with a propensity for developing food allergies will become allergic/sensitive to new foods if they eat them too often, and that the root cause is digestive malfunction. I have also read that low level/hidden food allergies are responsible for a slew of health problems and chronic diseases.

So, I have ten books on hold at the library so I can try to figure this out. I bought a bucket of raw local honey to see if it helps us with seasonal allergies. Anybody have luck with using it? Also, has anyone had any food allergies "cleared" by a naturopathic doctor? Does it really work? I have always thought it was hokey, but at this point I am willing to try anything.

7 comments:

Chelsea said...

Did you see the today show on Gluten free diets?

[M] said...

no, i will have to see if i can find it online...what did they say?

[M] said...

just watched it. i hope it becomes hip so more restaurants start serving gluten-free options!

Aly said...

hi! haven't stopped by your blog in a long time. the boys are getting so big. i've had luck relieving my hayfever with bee pollen capsules and my cousin chews on honeycomb for the raw local honey and says that helped him even more. there is a dr. remmington here in the provo area that is a family practitioner but also has had years experience with allergies and alternative treatments... i think he is great!

Aaron & Sara Warren said...

Your patience with allergies amazes me. Its a good thing your fam has you for a Mom, as I'm certain I would not be as proactive as you.

Kathryn M said...

Congrats on the 4 generations pic those are so special. Hopefully Tyler and I can have one someday. Also so sorry about the allergies. I don't know how you do it. I would get everyone their own personal fridge and cupboard! good luck!

Krista said...

Brandon's wife took their little boy to a naturopathic doctor and I don't think he helped Bryce at all. I know she was so disappointed. I'll share your blog with her.