Feb 26, 2009

blueberry rolls

Sorry, life is crazy busy and I haven't had a chance to post the recipe. The other problem: I don't have a recipe. These came about when I was making whole wheat bread the other day and was craving something sweet so I decided to turn half the batch into blueberry and cinnamon rolls. I'm sure they would come out much better if you used your favorite sweet roll dough recipe. Anyway, for the blueberry sauce I just put some frozen blueberries (sorry I don't measure) into a sauce pan with a tiny bit of lemon/orange juice and some sugar. I cooked it until it started to thicken and then added a little cornstarch (you have to dissolve it in cold water first...but not a lot of water) to make it thicker. You could probably use blueberry fruit spread (TJ's has a great one) instead. I put a little (vegan) butter on the rolled out dough and then spread on the blueberry stuff. Frost them with glaze or your fav sweet roll frosting. Here is someone else's take on it.

1 comment:

ecuakim said...

You crack me up. Okay fine. I'll try to make my own!