Mar 10, 2009

be careful what you say

Max picks up on everything. Everything. The other day when we were watching the bachelor (so embarrassing to admit), Max woke up crying. He was sick, so I brought him into the kitchen to give him some tylenol. I didn't think he would notice the t.v. so I didn't pause it. On his way back to bed he stopped, gave his daddy a very passionate kiss on the cheek, and gazed into his eyes with a big smile before continuing on to his room. Both of our jaws dropped. We couldn't believe what he picked up from watching 30 seconds of a not-for-children show.

Today Ian was playing behind the couch. The boys KNOW they are not supposed to play behind the couch. When Max saw Ian back there, he hollered "Get out of there baby! You hear me baby?, I said get out of there! Oh my goodness baby. I so mad at you. I going to count. One, two, three, four, five...OK, go a time out baby!!!" I almost busted a gut laughing. I'm starting to learn how careful I have to be. Max is so observant and he remembers everything. Sometimes I don't realize my faults until he mirrors them.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's funny what kids pick up on, kind of scary actually! That is such a cute picture of Max, he looks a lot like you.

Aaron & Sara Warren said...

Abby is often screaming at Viv, "No MAM!" when Viv is doing something she shouldn't. Pretty funny stuff.

I'm going to pretend you didn't tell me what you were watching. ;o)

cherise and Tristan said...

Too cute. I love those boys. I love your kitchen. I want to remodel mine but it will never look like yours. i want an island, i need an island. But our kitchen is a square and there is not enough room in it for an island. Ok enough of my randomness. I miss you guys!

Alicia Leppert said...

Yeah, that is why we still don't watch not-for-kid shows when my kids are awake. That is so funny about the passionate kiss to his daddy!
And, yeah, I have heard Macy yell at Payson, "Do you HEAR me?" or "What part of no don't you understand?" It is soooo humbling.

ecuakim said...

LOL. I'm only laughing because this morning Clark told me to "Go to your room, RIGHT NOW!" And boy was he serious about it. Seems I had been on the computer instead of paying him any attention and was in need of some alone time in my room.

blindblogger said...

He sure is a cute kid.

Unknown said...

I almost busted a gut laughing too.

~Sarah said...

Yeah, that's pretty dang awesome! I guess I better start watching what I say when I'm over. Especially since he loves his aunt Sarah, he just might want to copy me.