Jul 2, 2008

mall walking

Today we went to the mall. Max needed a new pair of shoes and we all needed to get out of the house. There were mega sales and we found some fantastic deals. After an hour or so, Max's patience started to expire. As we were heading for the car, I saw the massive SALE signs in Banana Republic and I had to go in. Just to check things out. I pulled a button-down silk blouse with a collar and floral print off the rack, and, in an effort to distract Max (he was yelling "go....home, go....home, Max...go...home!!!") I said "Max, wow, look at this shirt...do you like it?" He took one look at it and decisively said "grandma...shirt." Keep in mind that Max is still learning to talk, and that he has only seen his grandmas a few times and they were NOT wearing a shirt like that. It was, however, a classic grandma shirt.

The lady next to me was laughing so hard she apologized twice. Maybe it was the tone of his voice, or the way he struggled to get the words out, but it was SO funny. It was the last thing I expected him to say. I put the shirt back and headed straight for the car, laughing the whole way.

3 comments:

Chelsea said...

That is so funny M-A.

ecuakim said...

Oh, man. That is hilarious! I love it. And I love your blog! I really struggle to have a "voice" when I write on my blog, but I love yours...witty and fun.

love you guys,
kim aguilar

Alicia Leppert said...

That is hilarious. I have to say, just the description made it sound like a grandma shirt!