Feb 3, 2010

breathing treatments


I took little miss ava back to the pediatrician yesterday. He doubled her albuterol dose and increased the frequency to every two hours--around the clock. We are all exhausted here at chez scoville. I have an unwanted buzz from holding her too close while giving the treatments. Now I put her in her swing and stand back. The boys follow me into our room and get into EVERYTHING while I give them to her. Oh how I miss sleep and a clean house.
p.s. my quaint sewing corner has been evacuated and replaced with J-P's office. it's totally messing up my bedroom zen. one of these years we'll have a bigger house.

8 comments:

Jos said...

Awh, poor Miss Ava...

Chelsea said...

Isn't it weird to think that some people never have sick kids? I can't even imagine life without at least one of my kid being sick.

Ava looks so sweet, I hope she feels better soon.

Brynn said...

She looks so sweet and content. I remember having to give Dallin those treatments and he would thrash around and rip it off his face.

ecuakim said...

Terrible. That's just terrible. I swear. Being sick and having sick kids is the pits. Clark is on the mend, thanks for asking. Took him to the dr. to the tune of $96 for the dr. to tell me "I agree with you that he just has a cold." I felt like asking her if I could charge her for my services. But really, I'm just gonna be grateful that he's not really sick. Take care. And PLEASE call me to run to the store for you or WHATEVER. We're so available.

~Sarah said...

sad to hear ava is still sick. let me know how i can help. love you all.

Jessica said...

Poor baby and mama!!! And I totally feel you on missing sleep. I'm so sorry your baby is sick. :(

Alicia Leppert said...

Oh my goodness she is so adorable. What is it about tiny babies having those huge mask things on? It breaks my heart!

I can't believe how big your kids have gotten! I've gotten away from blogging for far too long!

Unknown said...

Hopefully Ava is on the mend! And once you have a bigger house, you'll remember fondly how much easier it was to keep your smaller house clean.