Feb 7, 2010

bits and pieces

Things I want to remember about this weekend:

-Max came up to me and sheepishly asked for a "bar" (kids cliff bar) while his daddy was getting him ready for bed. I was not sure if his teeth had been brushed, so I sent him to ask his dad. He batted his eyelashes and said, "no, I want to ask you because daddy says no."

-How Ian called everyone strange animal names and then laughed his head off..."you're a platypus mommy!"..."you're a rhinoceros max!" And how Max got so upset and said "No Ian! I'm not a rhinoceros, I'm just Max."

-When I picked up Max from his primary class at church, his teacher told me that they were talking about all the things that Jesus made and Max made sure they did NOT forget about dinosaurs.

-Ava discovered her tongue. She used it to create the cutest cooing conversations to date, and to taste her toys. She loves her toys. She "talks" to them all day long.

p.s. she is feeling much better

4 comments:

ecuakim said...

Oh I was hoping to see a post from you today! I'm so bummed that I don't ever get to say hi at church. Sundays are so crazy. So glad that Ava is doing better. Are you getting any rest? Sure hope so. LOVE the Max and Ian updates. How darling.

Katie Schultz said...

What a cute headband. Seriously, Max is right, everyone forgets about the dinosaurs.

Kathryn M said...

Hey at least Max is honest, I remember pretending to go (re)ask dad and coming back saying oh he said yes! And then getting in big trouble later for lying.
Your kids are all cute and we prayed for Ava all week so glad she is better!

Shells said...

I'm so glad to hear that Ava is doing better. She looks so adorable with her litle tongue.