Mar 20, 2009

for the record

Today when I called J-P to tell him something funny Max said, he responded with "how come you never write these things down on the blog?" I informed him that my current hiatus from habitual blogging is the direct result of a full hard drive. I can't download any pics to my computer. Blogging is not fun without pictures. The end.

I did agree that I need to be better about documenting our humorous moments. Here is the aforementioned funny episode:


Preface
: Ian learned how to open child locks before he could walk. He's smart like that. After a month of careful observation, Max caught on. Now they are always opening cupboards and making huge messes. If I let them. And sometimes I do. It's easier than fighting them and lifting all 30-something pounds of Max into his crib for timeout.


Today they got into the cupboard under the sink. The one with the garbage and all the dangerous chemicals. Ian was pulling out different industrial cleaners and Max was searching through the garbage. "GET OUT OF HERE! You know you aren't supposed to play in here!", I yelled. Max gave me a half-eye roll, pushed me away and said "mom, just go look at your computer".

6 comments:

blindblogger said...

I remember being at Teancum Timbers getting a ride home with you guys. Just before we were to leave we got in the creek. Your mom found us all new pants and said to go back in. You told us she didn't really mean it and to do it again. I followed you and we rode home wet.

blindblogger said...

sorry she told us NOT to go back in.

ecuakim said...

Chocolate chip cookies are my favorite food. Blogging without pictures is like a cookie without chocolate chips. But please, go ahead and do it anyway because even a cookie without chocolate chips is WAY better than no cookie at all, especially since your writing voice/style/humor is so fantastic!

Jessica said...

Hilarious. I can totally imagine it.

NelsonPeople said...

My kids are also aware that my computer plays a huge role in my life. Perceptive little things, aren't they?

Amie said...

We had to buy a external memory drive, so that we could save our pictures there. Nowadays the picture files are so large, so it takes up lots of room. Love to see your blog and to hear the funny stories of your life in Arizona!