Apr 17, 2009

mud and boys


When I found out Max was going to be a boy, I cried for three days. Boys have never liked me. My brothers HATED me. My bossy, know-it-all personality fostered nothing but sibling rivalry and dissension. Luckily I have a very bold mother who told me many years ago that "boys don't like bossy girls" and that if I ever wanted to get married I would have to change. I worked hard and was finally able to convince a boy to marry me at the ripe age of 26.



Now boys are old hat for me. Little boys, that is. They like trucks, mud, playing outside, breaking things, and adventure. Seeing a mud covered head doesn't phase me anymore. I can totally handle mud. No big deal. Mud is easy. Boys are easy. Plus, little boys LOVE their mothers.



On my mind: Will baby number three be a boy? I'm assuming it will be. Which is fine. I have all the clothes, skills, and toys (the ones that survive) necessary to parent another boy. But what if it's not? I don't have any idea what to do with a girl. For now, we are assuming it's a boy. We can find out for sure in 7 more weeks, or go the surprise route and find out on Oct. 31. What would you do? Oh, and do you know of any cute 3 letter boy names? We've run out of ideas.
Not that we're stuck on that trend.

more pics on flickr

16 comments:

blindblogger said...

Lazarus is back. Congrats M-A and J-P. Three letter names: Ted, Rex, Pat, Jet, Bob, Dex

Anonymous said...

Jed, Eli, Dax, Gus, Leo.

I hope it is a girl.

Ivy, Meg, Mia, Zoe, Mae.

Chelsea said...

Congrats!!! I'm so happy for you. Look at you, married at 26, and still keeping up on having kids. You're a trooper!

I love little boys too, but I'm hoping for a little girl for you.

jlthomas said...

Congratulations! Can't wait to hear what it is!

Aaron & Sara Warren said...

Jim, Ned, Tom, Sam (please don't take though, its our hope for our boy), Ben, Nat, Joe, Neo, Rod, Tod...

I figure I'm only having girls & you figure you're only having boys. We try to prepare ourselves, but I'm sure we'll both be a little disappointed if the third is the same gender as the first 2. Sigh.

I got a ways before I start to worry about it. COngrats again to you!

Brynn said...

Yeah congrats!!!!! Girls are easy too. Well, at least my girl. She's just like a boy, but sometimes enjoys looking "pretty".
Holy cow! 3 kids! kinda scary :)

Jessica said...

CONGRATS!!! YAY! I don't know, I feel like you might have a girl. Everyone I know right now is having girls. There was a boy wave, and now the tide has turned. Me, I wouldn't know what to do with either. But as luck has it, I will be figuring it out girl-style. :)

Staci said...

Congrats! How are you feeling? That is very exciting news!

ecuakim said...

Oh yea! It's finally out in the open! I can breathe! And tell! :) I'm just so excited for you. Who knows, that little angel girl might be just waiting for her chance... And I love the name Sam. It's my dad's name but we won't ever be using it because Jose is not a fan. Plus there are already a million Sams in my family.

Andrea said...

wow, what big news! 3 boys are awesome but i will not lie, it was a ROUGH first year! but i wouldn't have it any other way now!!

Shells said...

Congratulations!!! Jax if you have another boy. Think of the economic benefits of having another boy (which means you'll probably have a girl). Hope you are feeling better at this point.

S. Schuller said...

Congratulations! I was actually wondering, because of the long blog break, if you were on the nest. Nice job. Your boys are so cute. I can't wait to see what you're having. Good luck with everything!

cherise and Tristan said...

Congrats. i figured you were pregnant when you had not blogged for a bit, but I was not sure. You are due on my b-day so it will definitely be a sassy girl!

Kathy C said...

Wow! I had no idea you were expecting! Congratulations!!!

Alicia Leppert said...

I thought I had missed the big announce in a previous post since I've fallen behind in my reading, but then I realized this WAS the big announce! Congratulations! I hope it's a girl, just because it's fun to have one of each.

cherise and Tristan said...

Thanks for all the great commnets, you are really encouraging. I miss you so much.